Pipeline Therapeutics is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and collaborative person to join our chemistry team. The successful candidate will be involved in the design and synthesis of novel chemical matters with suitable drug-like properties to advance our preclinical CNS-focused drug discovery programs. Previous research experience involving close collaborations with partners in chemistry, biology and DMPK in a fast-paced, dynamic setting is valuable. The ideal candidate will be able to work safely and independently, possess excellent laboratory techniques, as well as superb record-keeping and communication skills.
- Interact and collaborate with fellow chemists, biologists and DMPK scientists to advance preclinical projects through the design and synthesis of novel chemical matters with targeted properties.
- Analyze all available data to advance the team’s understanding of evolving structure-activity relationships and to identify existing program gaps and opportunities.
- Communicate effectively with team members and present program updates at internal team meetings.
- Document experimental procedures and maintain ownership of experimental results to support future publications and patent applications.
- BSc or MSc degree in synthetic organic chemistry or related disciplines,
- A minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical medicinal chemistry industrial experience,
- A proven track-record of innovation and impact on drug discovery programs demonstrated through co-inventorship on patents/applications and authorship of publications in peer-reviewed journals,
- Previous experience in using available data (i.e. structural, biological, DMPK, etc.), both internal and external (i.e. publications, presentations, patents, etc.), to advance chemical scaffolds from early lead identification to development candidate selection,
- Knowledge in and familiarity with state-of-the-art synthetic, purification and analytical techniques,
- A strong team player with a passion for science and drug discovery,
- Organized, self-motivated, and able to deliver results in a timely manner with high degree of attention to detail,
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Salary Range: $103,000 – $133,000.
Please submit your resume or CV and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.